Thursday, December 08, 2005

Isn't the news depressing?

Every day I read the news and my heart sinks. It seems from the papers as though the world is a cesspool of violence, ill will, pettiness, greed and selfishness.

But when I think about the people I encounter every day on the streets and subways of New York, and the wide circle of friends and relatives with whom I communicate here and all over the world, I have a wholly different impression.

Every single day of my life, I see and hear about people being kind, brave, selfless, thoughtful, and giving. I see strangers helping each other navigate through rush hour. I talk to and work with people who are involved in heroic endeavors to help their friends and fellow men. Friends and random strangers are constantly showering me with blessings, and I often have the opportunity to help others and brighten a day myself.

So I was talking about this with my friend Andrea, and we were bewailing the fact that none of this awesome stuff that feeds our hearts and motivates us IS EVER REPORTED!! And we decided that we should do something about it! So I am starting this blog, where I will write down the nice things I see people doing every day. Anyone is welcome to contribute - just send me an email and I will add you as a contributor. My hope is that maybe lots of people will post the cool things they see and that it will be a place to lift your heart for a moment or two.

Let me know what you think. I wish you a wonderful day.

Love,

Joan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home